ARE YOU HEALTHY?
‘Most people work hard and spend their health trying to achieve wealth. Then they retire and spend their wealth trying to get back their health.’ — Kevin Gianni
According to WHO 1948, Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
A healthy person should possess the following attributes at least.
- Absence of Disease / Possessing physical capacity
- A strong immunity to stay without minor illnesses for long.
- Ability to bounce back readily from minor illnesses,
- MENTAL Soundness,
- PSYCHOLOGICAL & EMOTIONAL balance,
- Ability to relate SOCIALLY,
- FUNCTIONAL, PRODUCTIVE, and can contribute to the growth and development of society,
- Ability to COPE with life challenges & threats.
Health does not flow from a bottle or a syringe. Instead, health is largely the product of lifelong decisions and choices.
I will be submitting the following 10 principles to help you lead a healthy life.
- Avoid Destructive Habits & High-Risk Behaviour: This would include consumption of Tobacco and other Hard Drugs, Alcohol, Sexual Promiscuity, Self-Medication etc.
- Eat Nutritiously: Eat Foods that support Health (e.g. Fresh fruits, Raw vegetables and Raw nuts, Organic Foods and Whole Grains, Balanced Diet, Etc.) and avoid foods that destroy Health (e.g. Processed and Refined Foods, Junk Foods and Fried Foods, Sugar, Soft Drinks, Packaged Fruit Juices, Etc.)
Adults from Age 25 and above should avoid taking a cooked meal for breakfast. They should rather opt for Fresh Fruits, Vegetable juices, or Smoothies.
- REST AT THREE LEVELS: DAILY REST (6-8 hours of Sleep at night), WEEKLY REST (1 DAY OFF in a Week, usually Saturday), ANNUAL REST (2-6 weeks VACATION).
- Maintain an Ideal Body Weight: Knowing your Body Mass Index (BMI) helps you to know if your Body Weight is ideal or not. The ideal Body weight fall within 18.5 – 24.9. BMI = W / H2
KEY: W- Weight in Kilograms, H- Height in Meters.
- Enjoy your God-ordained Relationships: Too much relationship tension can lead to HYPERTENSION. Always avoid conflict and/ manage conflicts properly in your personal relationships.
- Exercise Moderately Regularly: Ensure you engage in at least 30 minutes exercise 4-5 days a week. Start at your current level and go at your own pace. Brisk walking, Jumping Jack, Skipping Rope, Swimming Etc. are examples of exercises that you can do regularly.
- Be Proactive: Know Your Risk Factors (Things that exposes you to diseases) & do something about them. Conduct Annual Comprehensive Medical Check-ups. Just be PROACTIVE.
- Manage your STRESS
- USE SUPPLEMENTS WISELY: Here I am referring to dietary supplements. They include: probiotics; omega-3 (flaxseed oil, udo’s oil, or fish oil); vitamin d3 (or sensible sunshine exposure); fibre (psyllium husk, etc.); a good multivitamin / Multimineral; betain hcl & digestive enzyme; b12, b6, & folic acid
- AVOID DEHYDRATION: Drink adequate amounts of PURIFIED, MINERAL, ALKALINE, and STRUCTURED water.
POINT TO REMEMBER
Man is a food-dependent creature. If you don’t feed him, he will die. If you feed him inappropriately, part of him will die. If you feed him correctly, he can live to 120 years of age in good health.
Make deliberate efforts today to begin to practice one/two of the above principles until you are able to practice all.
October 03, 2018
October 02, 2018
September 06, 2018